PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Thank you for your interest in CounselomixTM services, referred to hereunder as CounselomixTM, “We” or “Us”. The Terms and Conditions below apply to your purchase of CounselomixTM services. These Terms and conditions should be read carefully prior to using our website. By using our site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.counselomix.com
Who We Are
CounselomixTM is a telehealth counselling service offered by Livewellgx International Pte. Ltd a Singapore based company working under the name LivewellgxTM (Incorporated in Singapore, Address: 30 Cecil Street, #19-08 Prudential Tower, License number 202105640M), for the purpose of providing pre-test and post-test genetic and medical counselling services. We operate online and offer our services in multiple languages to clients globally.
Terms that may apply to you
These Terms and Conditions also refer to the following additional terms, which apply to your use of our Site:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The Consent form sets out information regarding the storage and use of your information for the delivery of the product(s) and/or service(s) you purchase and for future research purposes.
All of the terms referred to above and outlined herein (the ” Policies “) apply to your use of our services including the use of the website. By continuing using our services and the website you agree to these terms.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We reserve the right to transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization. Upon completion of the transfer, we may make a respective notification.
Information contained on the website(s)
- General informational and educational nature of information on the website including the content about the products, and services offered by CounselomixTM.
- The content on the website is purely intended for informational, educational and marketing purposes only.
- The web content does not constitute medical advice, nor is it a substitute for any diagnosis/prescription from a qualified healthcare professional.
- Prior to testing, clients should consult with qualified medical professionals regarding whether a genetic test is right for them, and whether there is additional information available regarding testing.
- Prior to undergoing your genetic testing, and if you prefer, you may consult with your doctor regarding any risk and/or any other potentially relevant healthcare conditions. Alternatively, we offer a service for pre-test counselling through our platform to assess your expectations and outcomes of the tests.
- Our website may contain information about services that are not available or authorised in your country.
The General Terms and conditions
- We may revise and update our Terms and Conditions from time to time, at our discretion, by posting the amended Terms and Conditions on the website
- There are certain jurisdictions in which we do not offer our Services because we do not have the requisite licenses.
Your use of the website
- The content present on the website (the “Site”) is owned by CounselomixTM and is subject to copyright. You may e-mail, download, or print copies of the materials on the site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- When you e-mail, download or print a copy of the materials on the Site for your personal use, you must also include all copyright and other notices that are in the materials including the copyright notice on the bottom of the page.
- We, as well as other parties own the names we use for our products and services on the Site, and these names are protected by trademark laws. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners whether registered or not.
- There may be special rules for the use of materials provided on certain parts of the Site, which will be posted near the relevant materials.
- Display of trademarks on the Site in a way that is not permitted by these Terms and Conditions or any of the Policies constitutes a violation of your agreement with us and may also be a violation of copyright, trademark, and other laws. In such cases, we automatically revoke your permission to use the Site.
License to use the website
- CounselomixTM grants you a non-exclusive, limited, and revocable license to hyperlink to the website counselomix.com.
- We, at CounselomixTM, reserve the right to revoke this license generally, or otherwise restrict your right to use specific links at any time.
- If at all we revoke this license, you agree to immediately stop using the Site, remove and disable any and all of your links to the website.
- You agree not to present the link to the Site in such a way that it is associated with advertising or appears to be an endorsement of any organization, product, or service.
- You agree that the link will not appear on any website that a reasonable person may consider obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive, or malicious.
- Under no circumstances may you “frame” our brand any of our online content or copy portions of the Site to a server.
- You agree not to display or use the CounselomixTM logo, images or trademarks in any manner without our prior written approval.
- Our Site may contain hyperlinks to third party websites not managed by CounselomixTM.
- We provide these links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the materials present in these websites.
- These third-party websites may contain information about uses of CounselomixTM products that have not been approved in your country.
- We do not control or endorse this type of information.
- We are not responsible for the performance of these third-party websites or for your business dealings with them. Your use of third-party websites is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those websites.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, CounselomixTM provides all information contained therein, and any services “as is,” without any warranty or condition, express, implied, or statutory
- CounselomixTM specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement
- CounselomixTM is not responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on the Site, or in connection with any services provided
- You are solely responsible to ensure that you obtain competent medical advice prior to obtaining any service, and may not rely on any statement on the Site, or otherwise made by CounselomixTM, and our sub-contractors in connection with any service.
- CounselomixTM makes no affirmations or warranties that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free
- Clients are responsible for taking all precautions necessary to ensure that any content you may obtain from our Site is free of viruses and any other malicious war. The foregoing representations and warranties are in lieu of all other representations and warranties not expressly set forth herein.
- Findings and recommendations must be considered along with any other existing or pre-existing health conditions.
- Genetic tests do not report on all known genetic variants that might contribute to an increased risk of disease or phenotypical outcome. It is vital to continue with regular preventative healthcare and health management, such as annual check-ups and screenings, irrespective of the results of the advice provided during your consultation.
- All counselling sessions are provided by licensed healthcare professionals, and based on the health professional’s interpretation of the genetic reports that you, as a client have submitted.
- The results of your wellness genetic counselling session/s should not be used to make decisions regarding the treatment of a medical condition.
- Many factors can contribute to the development of a health condition, including environmental, lifestyle and genetic factors. Your genetic profile is just one of these factors. Therefore, a comprehensive assessment by a licensed medical professional is required to manage any medical condition/s.
- All the traits discussed in the CounselomixTM sessions are based on multi-factorial genetic traits. Therefore, the results of your genetic test and advise provided during your counselling session need to be considered along with a full clinical assessment as well as with all the other factors that may affect the traits described under each panel/cluster.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that neither CounselomixTM nor any person or company associated with CounselomixTM shall be liable for any damage resulting from your use or inability to use the Site, the use of our Services, the materials on the Site, or any information contained on therein.
- This limitation of liability covers claims based on warranty, contract, tort, strict liability, and any other legal theory. It covers CounselomixTM, its management, employees, agents, distributors, associated labs, sub-contractors and suppliers whether or not mentioned on our Site.
- This limitation of liability covers all losses including, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, and punitive damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption or any use of our Site, services, materials on Site or information contained on the Site.
- In the event CounselomixTM is found liable, for any reason and under any grounds, CounselomixTM’s aggregate liability shall be limited to the amount you paid for the Services.
Risks and Considerations Regarding Counselling Services
- Our healthcare professionals can help you understand your results and options. The knowledge conveyed is based on clinical reports that you submit and the experience and knowledge of our registered healthcare provider. You should not assume that any information we may be able to provide to you, whether now or as genetic research advances, will be welcome or positive. You should also understand that as research advances, in order for you to assess the meaning of your DNA in the context of such advances, you may need to obtain further services from CounselomixTM, your physician, or other health care provider.
- Some clients may feel anxious about receiving or understanding their genetic health results. This is normal and may be accompanied by feelings of anxiety – you should speak to your physician or our genetic counselor prior to collecting your sample for testing (Pre-test counselling), and during your primary session.
- During our sessions, clients may learn information about themselves or future relationship, that they do not anticipate. This information may evoke emotions and may have the potential to alter their life/lives. Clients may discover aspects of their health or health concerns about themselves that may trouble them, or that they may not have the ability to control or change (e.g., a client with a specific genotype may have a higher-than-average chance of developing a specific condition or disease). The outcome of your genetic health results, and our sessions could have social, legal, or economic implications. Please discuss these concerns during the session with the counsellor.
- If your data indicates that you are not at elevated genetic risk for a particular disease or condition, you should not feel that you are unlikely to develop certain conditions, your environment and lifestyle could still have an effect on your health. If your data indicate you are at an elevated genetic risk for a particular disease or condition, it does not mean you will definitely develop the disease or condition. In either case, if you have concerns or questions about what you learn through your genetic/medical reports, you should contact your physician or other health care provider.
- Your sessions are recorded for quality, reference and educational purposes. These recordings may be used in order to ensure and promote better quality consultations. In the event of a recording being used for internal reference purposes, your name and personal details will be omitted.
- Medical science is constantly evolving along with the technology; therefore, the most up-to-date clinical reports should be submitted for our review when submitting your consultation request.
- Service requests cannot be reviewed for consideration or finalized unless the pre-consultation questionnaire is completed and supporting documents submitted.
- Your service will automatically be declined, if this information is not submitted within 48 hours from submitting the request.
- Based on the information provided, we are not obligated to provide counselling services. Our counsellors will confirm acceptance of the service via email.
- In the event you were not provided with payment and booking request links respectively, and based on the information and medical/genetic reports provided, CounselomixTM is not obliged to you with counselling services and reserves the right to refuse your request without justification.
- Our billing entity is based within Singapore. Please note that your bank may charge a foreign transaction fee when making a purchase on counselomix.com.
- We reserve the right to subcontract all or part of our services to affiliated companies or third parties located in outside Singapore. The data that you provide or that is generated as part of our services may be stored where our affiliates and/or subcontractors operate depending on the country where the service is ordered and delivered.
Order cancellation & refund
- Appointments can be cancelled with a request for a refund, only if cancellation is received in writing more than 48 hours before the date and time of the appointment.
- An appointment is considered missed if the client has not logged into the session within 10 minutes of the start time of the schedule appointment, and therefore the client is not eligible for a refund nor to reschedule the session.
- The sessions are scheduled for a set period of time, if the client is late for the session, no additional time can be extended after the scheduled end of the session, and no refund will be permitted.
- Should the client not be satisfied with the outcome of the consultation; we do not permit a refund for the service provided. There are no foreseeable changes to the Refund Process.
- Any refunds provided under this policy will be issued to the same credit card(s) used for the purchase and will be processed within 21 business days of confirmation by our Customer Care team, that the conditions of refund have been met.
- International orders paid for in foreign currency are refunded at the exchange rate effective at the time of the refund request.
- If a refund is issued after a change to the currency rate, customers may receive a refund amount greater or lesser than what they paid in their local currency.
- CounselomixTM, its agents and/or distributors are not responsible for currency rate changes that occur after the order is placed.
Applicable law and Jurisdiction
- All disputes arising related to these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Site shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the DIAC Arbitration Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The seat of arbitration is Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”), the language of arbitration shall be English, number of arbitrators shall be one (1) and the governing law is Republic of Singapore laws, and you irrevocably submit to this dispute resolution and waive any objection you may now or hereafter have to the venue or convenience of forum.
- Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements and medical practices that differ from those in Singapore or other countries where CounselomixTM is operating directly or via its registered offices, affiliates, subcontractors, agents, partners and/or resellers.
- CounselomixTM reserves the right to limit the provision of its services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. Any offer for service made on this website is void where prohibited.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable then such provision shall be severable without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions
- CounselomixTM reserves the right to alter or delete materials from this Site at any time at its discretion.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, including the content standards listed therein.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are deemed to have granted us a limited license to use, store and copy that content.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Specific questions and comments regarding the website should be directed to the appropriate department via our Contact Us page.
Alternatively, if you have any questions, please contact us as per our details below:
Email address: [email protected]
POSTAL ADDRESS: Counselomix c/o Livewellgx International Pte. Ltd, 30 Cecil Street, #19-08 Prudential Tower, Singapore